Activate the subtitles of a video posted on YouTube it's pretty straightforward. If you don't know how to do it, don't worry. We are going to teach you everything about this interesting tool that incorporates the popular streaming video platform and that allows us to view content in another language.
Subtitles on YouTube not only serve to understand those videos that are in other languages but they are also an extraordinary option for those who have some type of hearing impairment. Today we show you the easiest and fastest way to activate this function from the PC or the APP.
Why are subtitles important on YouTube?
Many users still do not understand the importance of subtitles within the YouTube platform. They can be useful in those moments when we want to play a video in another language or simply when we are in a place with a lot of noise where it is impossible to hear the audio of the video.
Subtitles can also become an excellent alternative in those cases in which we find ourselves in spaces where the sound of the videos cannot or should not be heard at high volume.
Whatever the reason, the important thing is that Youtube offers us the option to activate the subtitles. The procedure to do it is quite simple and fast, and the best of all is that we will be able to configure it from the PC or even from the mobile application.
Activate subtitles from PC
To activate subtitles on YouTube from our computer We are only going to need a computer with an internet connection. It will not be necessary to download other applications or programs. Here are the steps we must follow:
- Opens Youtube from your PC browser by entering youtube.com
- Search the video you want to play
- Click on the icon "setting”That appears at the bottom of the playback window.
- Click on "Subtitles"
- Choose the most convenient according to the language
- Ready. The video will now have the subtitles turned on
In case of wanting turn off subtitles In the video, you just have to repeat each of the steps described above and uncheck the "subtitles" box:
Turn on subtitles from an iOS device
The procedure to activate subtitles from an iOS device is also quite simple. If you still don't know how to do it, pay attention to the step by step that you should follow:
- Opens Youtube on your iOS device
- Locates and play the video of your choice
- Click above the three vertical dots that appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the subtitle options (CC) and select the most convenient according to the language.
Activate subtitles from the Android app
From the YouTube mobile application for Android it is also possible to activate the subtitles of any video:
- Opens the Youtube application on your mobile
- Search and play the video of your preference
- Click over the three vertical points (upper right corner)
- Select the option “Subtitles"